FISMA Audit Services
The Federal Information Securities Management Act of 2002 (FISMA) was enacted by the U.S. Congress in 2002 to strengthen data security in government. FISMA requires federal agencies to develop, document, and maintain an agency-wide program that ensures adequate cybersecurity personnel, procedures, and systems as well as proper security for physical facilities and equipment. These requirements were built to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of their data and prevent unauthorized access or accidental loss of information from data systems.
AWA’s Security Services for FISMA Assessments
AWA provides a comprehensive services portfolio to support FISMA audits and security assessments. Our experts assist federal organizations with maintaining secure information systems risk management process.
This is accomplished through:
- Vulnerability testing,
- Gap analysis of threats to government information assets,
- Developing plans that address risks,
- Implementing an effective and measurable security program,
- Performing managed services for security tracking and reporting,
- Building and updating inventory of major systems required by FISMA.
For assistance in preparing for your first, or next, FISMA assessment, contact AWA.